Who Can Apply:
- Registered, exempt, and excepted charities
- Constituted organisations and non-registered charities such as:
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Social Enterprises which have the Social Enterprise Mark
- Community Benefit Societies (formerly Industrial and Provident Societies)
- Faith community organisations (if the activity is not deemed to be
- Non-constituted or recently established organisations that can be endorsed by a statutory body, established charity, parochial church council or parish/town council
- Partnerships or organisations working collaboratively can apply. The lead applicant would need to be one of the above.
What we will fund includes the following:
- Running costs for organisations to provide such support, including volunteer expenses, staff costs, and transport; providing the organisation is focusing their attention on providing support to both existing, and any potential new beneficiaries.
- Small capital costs are eligible, providing the capital item will address the priorities of the fund, and is linked to keeping older people or those in vulnerable circumstances connected to the outside world.
- Applications from groups who already have live projects or pending applications are eligible.
- Foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger.
- Groups that provide services to address domestic abuse and violence in the home.
- Support for groups that provide services to those who are homeless.
- Tackling the impacts of financial hardship.
- Enabling people to keep warm, and independent in their homes.
- Enabling people to access a nutritious meal by connecting them to services providing groceries, and/or ready-made meals.
- Civil society organisations engaged in mental health, sports and wellbeing
- Enabling and encouraging people to use and access technology to keep them connected to the outside world.
- Reaching out to isolated people by telephone, and befriending.
- Enabling home education for children and young people.